Highlights of 6408 Parkwood Road ~ Edina
• Landmark stately New England Colonial perched majestically on a 1.19 acre site in a prime Parkwood Knolls location.
• This beautiful home is built with the quality construction that cannot be reproduced today.
• From the moment you enter the gracious foyer of this home, you’ll sense the welcoming feeling like you are home.
• The circular flow of this center hall floor plan is fantastic for entertaining and todays active lifestyles.
• Incredible millwork throughout from the thick front door, fluted column door trim to the dental molding millwork door caps.
• The living room is wonderful for large get togethers and family gatherings. This room features a beautiful Federal fireplace mantel, crown molding, a large bay window with plantation shutters and newly refinished hardwood floors.
• The grand dining room is perfect for gracious entertaining and holiday dinners and features a second bay window, plantation shutters, picture frame millwork and a new chandelier.
• The handsome walnut library boasts walls of bookshelves, a lovely fireplace and a bay window overlooking the backyard.
• The light and bright center island kitchen is the hub of the home and offers enameled cabinetry, top of the line appliances and 5 windows over the sink overlooking the private backyard and the children playhouse. The adjacent family dining area has built-in cabinets, a large walk-in pantry closet and a door to the backyard.
• The main floor family room is open off the kitchen and features a tray vault ceiling, a wall with an entertainment center and bookcases, a charming fireplace and several windows making this a cheerful and relaxing room.
• There is a fantastic mudroom with a tile floor, 10 cubbies and closets, a side service door, a door to patio, accesses the garage and the stairs to the studio/apartment.
• The 3 car attached garage is heated and has hot cold running water.
• The main floor master suite has 6 windows for great light and cross ventilation, a walk-in closet, a master bath with double vanity, marble tiled separate tub and shower.
• There is an incredibly charming porch with arched screens.
• A beautiful staircase ascends to the second floor landing with a stunning Palladian window.
• There are 4 spacious bedrooms and 3 authentic tiled bathrooms upstairs.
• The lower level is a fun place for the kids to have their friend’s hangout. The warm and charming Knotty Pine paneling is accentuated by the red brick 4th wood burning fireplace.
• Additionally, there is a wet bar and tremendous storage and laundry room.
• The gorgeous yard is tastefully landscaped and great for the children to play.
• Great central location, convenient to Walnut Ridge Park, Bredesen Park, Jerry’s grocery and shopping mall and Interlachen Country Club
Additional Features Include:
• Gas forced air furnace & central air with 3 zones
• Drain tiled with sump pump
• The capped well room could make a great wine cellar
• Lawn sprinkler system
• Security system
• Water softener - owned
• There is a charming children’s play house
• A great tool/potting shed
• Extended driveway with basketball hoop
• A gas line to the family room fireplace
Attached 3 car heateed
Show All 109 Photos