Highlights 5409 Londonderry Road
• 1.43 acre estate in the prime Parkwood Knolls neighborhood, virtually rebuilt and expanded in 2005 that offers fresh neutral decor throughout including newly refinished gleaming hardwood floors and sweeping views of the private yard from every room in the home.
• Remarkable eight-foot double french doors welcome you to a 2 story foyer with travertine floors and a stunning open staircase with fabulous custom wrought iron railing.
• The living room/office has a handsome wood burning fireplace (plumbed with a gas line), is flanked by built-in cherry-wood bookshelves plus 2 sets of french windows with transom windows overlooking the pond.
• The center of the home is the stunning walnut paneled great room featuring a large bay window flanked by 2 sliding glass doors leading out to the flagstone patio and private backyard. This room boasts 2 walls of impressive wall to wall bookcases as well as an elegant wood burning fireplace and recessed lighting.
• 2 sets of cherry pocket doors flow into the nice sized dining room with 2 additional french windows with transoms and gorgeous crown molding.
• Enter the fabulous remodeled kitchen with its cherry cabinetry by Woodshop of Avon, a hand hammered nickel farm sink, honed black granite countertops, center island with thick walnut counter and 2nd prep sink, top of the line stainless steel appliances including a 6 burner Wolf gas range with Viking hood, charming tile backsplash, Sub Zero refrigerator and separate Sub Zero full size freezer, Asko dishwasher. There is an abundance of cabinets with pullouts including a great pantry and a buffet area with wine refrigerator, recessed pendant lighting, 3 large windows over the sink with western exposure overlooking the pond.
• There is an adjacent family dining alcove with built-in bench and custom-made cherry dining table.
• The welcoming adjoining family room offers a gas fireplace and built-ins as well as a built-in entertainment center.
• A mudroom hallway with planning area and shoe cubbies leads to the attached heated double garage as well as an adjacent 1/2 bath with stone farm sink.
• The main floor sun room/exercise room offers 4 sliding doors overlooking the courtyard patio and private backyard.
• There is a 2nd powder room with stone vessel sink on the main floor.
• The main floor guest suite/2nd master features recessed paneled walls and charming window seat flanked by 2 closets/custom built-ins as well as its own private full bath including a soaking tub, double sinks, separate shower and huge walk-in closet.
• Additionally, there are 2 more bedrooms one with reclaimed wood plank floors and one would make a wonderful studio with double sliders to the patio as well as a Jack and Jill 3/4 bath with vessel sink.
• The charming 3rd bedroom has a french door out to the backyard as well as custom built-ins, a walk-in closet and charming wainscot walls and windows with plantation shutters.
• There is a wet bar area accessing the courtyard with a shuttered sliding door, stainless steel refrigerator and could easily be converted to a 3rd laundry area if desired.
• The second-floor vaulted master suite offers a wall with a gas fireplace and bookcases, french doors to a balcony overlooking the spectacular backyard, 2 walk-in closets with custom closet systems and one plumbed for a stackable washer/dryer, a spacious master bath with freestanding soaking tub, double sinks with granite countertops, separate shower, in floor heat and limestone floor and backsplash.
• There are 2 additional spacious bedrooms with lofty ceilings and built-in dressers and desks. There is an adorable “secret” playroom off one of these bedrooms.
• There is a full kids bath with whimsical tile and double sinks
• Pretty open staircase descends to the newly refinished lower level with character grade alder, fabulous amusement room with gas fireplace, built-in wet bar with refrigerator, billiard room with pendant lighting and polished steel ceiling, powder room and 5 storage closets.
• The fantastic laundry room with new washer and dryer, large folding center and drying rack could double as a bar for kid’s parties.
• Additional exercise/locker room to house athletic gear is accessed with a staircase from the garage & has additional storage closet.
• There is a heated 2 car garage with basement access and a potting shed as well as 2 car heated detached garage.
• Spectacular 1.43 acre private estate setting in prime Parkwood Knolls. Limestone patio with stone gas fire pit with room for a swimming pool or tennis court.
• Convenient Edina location with easy access to highways, Southdale/Galleria and Eden Prairie Center as well as 50th & France and Jerry’s shopping.
• Close to Interlachen Country Club and excellent area parks: Walnut Ridge (with tennis courts, running track and winter skating rink), Bredesen (with nature preserve), and Van Valkenburg (with off leash dog park and sports fields).
Additional features of 5409 Londonderry Road
• Concrete driveway
• Wired for an Invisible dog fence
• Hunter sprinkler system
• Whole house music system
• 3 gas forced air furnaces and central air conditioners
• Water softener is owned
• Newer 75 gallon water heater
• 2-200 AMP circuit breaker panels
Edina Schools: Countryside Elementary, Valley View Middle and Edina Sr. High
4 car heated
Show All 85 Photos